Motzibouville --- what is Love?
- You think?
- Yes… he must know! He is a bouvier and a bouvier knows everything.
- We are bouvier and we don’t know… why?
- We are young bouvier… there you go!
- I will
- Daddy Bou… we have a question
- Yes, my boubous… I'm sure I'll get an answer.
- What is love?
- Hmmm… It is? Why this question?
- Every year we celebrate Valentine's Day, and we don't really know what Love is! We know that
these are treats for us and that humans receive a 'chocolate' treat but apart from that...what is
- And if we asked mom, I'm sure she would be happy to explain to us
- Yes… let’s go ask mom.
Everyone ran towards the house.
- Mom, we have a question for you.
- Ohhhh not so fast boubous…where is your daddy?
- He is coming…
Philomène opened the door and saw Bou talking with Mr. Rabbit.
- Bou called out Philomène… come! The boubous have a question for us!
- Now that your dad is with us, what is your question?
- Well, we asked dad, and he said it would be better to ask you. What is love?
- Ohhh I see… well Love is beautiful
- Why not ask Cupid?
- Cupid is very busy this year and he asked Meme our Guardian Angel who was sent to us to help us with the Valentine's Day celebration…said Bou
- Well, let's ask Meme
- You think?
- Yes… tomorrow morning, we will all go to the Big Oak to see Meme
The next morning, the sun was shining, and the stardust was shining brightly! The door of the Bou house opened, and everyone ran out to go to the Great Oak. When they arrived, they saw that the entire village was there... Philomène had passed on the message.
- Hello, my friends said Meme… what is this beautiful visit worth to me!
- We have a big question for you... the little ones want to know what Love is?
- Ohhh an easy question replied to Meme...
“Love is you all being here this morning with me. It's the work that the Spider’s family makes with the wool provided by the Bou’s family. It’s the vegetables that the Rabbit’s family grows. It’s the wood that the Beaver’s family cuts so that the inhabitants of Motzibouville are warm. It’s small and big attentions that each of you show towards others. It’s laughter and tears…the sun, the moon, the rain, and the snow!”
- Wow…. said the little ones!
- Hee we have Love every day and always. Said Penelope
- Yes … Love is everywhere! In our hearts and in our actions
- Yay…. now we will be able to celebrate Valentine’s Day every day…said Plush Rabbit
- Why not… said Mr. Rabbit
- Well, since we are all here why not take the opportunity to prepare our Valentine's Day
celebration with the whole village! Said Mr. Bou
The village of Motzibouville wishes you a happy Valentine’s Day! May this day and all the days of the year be filled with LOVE!